Large Family garden
This garden was designed to reflect the grandeur of the house and needed to incorporate the clients desire for a level and formal lawn, deep beds for layered cottage garden style planting and an ample area for the children to play in with their friends.
The garden is divided into three levels, a large patio for entertaining with raised beds to soften the boundaries. A formal lawn area, and a lower level, incorporating a sundeck for the children, a small lawn for a hammock, fruit and vegetable beds, a pergola walk and a utility area for the shed and trampoline.
What we did
- We created a symmetrical design on three levels of a sloped site
- We incorporated a formal lawn with deep beds for a cottage garden style planting
- We created a mowing strip and raised beds for easy maintenance
- We created a walkway to a deck which receives the evening sunshine
- We designed the garden in relation to the architecture and proportions of the house.